Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mompreneur Spotlight! - Candy Berg

A mompreneur is a newly coined term for women who establish businesses at home while also acting as the full time parent of their children. The mompreneur movement is one steadily growing as mothers try to find ways to make money, express their creativity or business acumen, and also to parent their children.

The Lulu Ladies & Babies is the "social arm" of Stroller Strides Richmond. With over 150 Richmond mom members, we have a diverse group of women from all facets of life that have one thing in common, we're all Moms living in Richmond.

We love to support our Lulu Mompreneurs and as such, we have a special page on our Lulu Ladies & Babies website dedicated to their business ventures. As part of our Stroller Strides blog, we would like to take the opportunity to spotlight our Lulu Mompreneurs so you can learn a bit more about them, their products and or businesses as well as what led them to their business endeavour.


Submitted by: Candy Berg, Tupperware Rep. and Lulu Mompreneur.

My name is Candy Berg, I’m a Stay at Home mom with two children…Josh is 6 and Karley is 2. I have an Early Childhood Education background, but after having Karley I decided I wanted to stay home with my children instead of returning back to work. A friend of mine encouraged me to give Tupperware a try as she had been successful at selling it a few years ago. I started selling Tupperware 9 months ago and I’m absolutely LOVING it! As a mom I really wanted the flexibility to stay at home with my children and make some extra money! Tupperware as made this all possible for me…I choose when I work and for how long, plus I get the added bonus of buying my Tupperware at a discounted rate!

Tupperware has made a big comeback since the plastic issues in the media, and most people are becoming more environmentally friendly. The fact that Tupperware is a reputable company that has been around for over 60 years makes it very easy to sell. It also makes sense considering it’s good for the environment and saves you money in the long run!


WIN IT!! Candy has donated a Tupperware Prep Essentials™ Lil’ Chopper. It is a great tool for making baby food or chopping up other products while cooking. It would be useful for those who are making their own baby food, you can can even take it with you in a diaper bag or if you are eating out, this way you can prepare some of the food that you are eating right at the table for your child. It is also very useful when travelling or camping.

All you need to do is visit Candy's Tupperware Website and find your 3 favorite Tupperware products. Email them to strollerstridesrichmondblog@gmail.com with TUPPERWARE in the subject line and you will be entered to win! Contest will close on October 21, 2008 at 5:00 pm. PST. Winner will be chosen at random from the entries received. Winner must be able to pickup their prize as awarded in Richmond, BC.

No comments: